Department of Treasury, Finance and Collection
Frederick C. Ebenau, C.M.F.O., Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer
Annette David, Acting Assistant Treasurer
Phone (732) 244-7400 ext 1229 - Fax (732) 736-1747
The head of the Department of Treasury, Finance and Collection is the Chief Financial Officer and Township Treasurer. The head of the department supervises and directs all of the operations within the Department of Treasury, Finance and Collection.
The Department of Treasury, Finance and Collection encompasses the centralized municipal finance organization. It provides the framework for the financial support of the Township departments and statutory agencies and also assists in providing cost effective services to the taxpayers as well as maintains the central books of account to the Township.
The major financial functions of the department include tax collection, accounting, cash management, internal auditing, payroll, debt management and accounts payable. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for general financial matters such as bond issuance, investments, revenue analysis, and budget monitoring, to name a few.
Links to Financial Documents:
2017 Budget Documents
- 2016 Year End Annual Debt Statement
- 2016 Year End Annual Financial Statement
- 2016 Audit Report
The 2017 Budget was Introduced on Friday March 17, 2017, Public Hearing and Final Adoption of the Budget was held Monday, April 24, 2017 at 6pm in the meeting room located at 627 Pinewald-Keswick Road, Bayville.
- 2017 User Friendly Adopted Budget
- 2017 Adopted Budget
2017 Introduced Budget
2017 User Friendly Introduced Budget
2016 Budget Documents
- 2016 Temporary Budget
- 2015 Annual Debt Statement
- 2015 Annual Financial Statement FY 2015
- 2016 Adopted Budget
- 2016 User Friendly Adopted Budget
- 2016 Introduced Budget
- 2016 Introduced User Friendly Budget-Public Hearing 7/11/16 @ 10 am
- AUDIT Year End December 31, 2015
2015 Budget Documents
- 15-18-OA CALENDAR YEAR 2015 ORDINANCE TO EXCEED THE MUNICIPAL BUDGET APPROPRIATIONLIMITS AND TO ESTABLISH A CAP BANK (N.J.S.A. 40A: 4-45.14)
- 2014-13 Annual Debt Statement
- Annual Financial Statement
- 2015 Introduced Budget 6/26/15
- 2015 Budget Amendment
- 2015 Adopted Budget - Adopted 9/14/15 with the Amendment
- 2014 Audit
2014 Budget Documents
- 2013 Annual Debt Statement
- Temporary Budget
- 2014 Annual Financial Statement
- 2014 Introduced Budget
Public Hearing and Final Adoption on the 2014 Budget was held, Friday August 15, 2014 at 10:00 am in the meeting room located at 627 Pinewald-Keswick Road, Bayville
- 2014 Adopted Budget
- 2013 Audit
2013 Budget Documents
- 2013 Introduced Budget
- 2013 Adopted Budget with Amendments
- 2013 Audit
Public Hearing and final adoption was Friday, September 27, 2013 at 10 am.
The 2012 Municipal Budget was Introduced on June 12, 2012. Public hearing for the Introduced budget is Tuesday July 10, 2012.
- 2012 Introduced Budget
- 2012 Adopted Budget Adopted on Tuesday, September 25, 2012
- 2011 Adopted Budget with Amendments
- 2011 Introduced Budget
- 2011 Audit
- 2010 Adopted Municipal Budget with Amendments
- 2010 Introduced Municipal Budget
- 2010 Introduced Municipal Budget Amendment-Public Hearing September 14, 2010 at the Auditorium at Central Regional High School
- 2010 Introduced Municipal Budget Amendment #2-Public Hearing September 21, 2010 at the Municipal Building Located at 627 Pinewald-Keswick Road
- 2009 Introduced Municipal Budget
- 2009 Adopted Municipal Budget
- 2008 Adopted Municipal Budget
- Report of Audit, Year Ended December 31, 2008
- Report of Audit, Year Ended December 31, 2009
The Accounts Payable division of the Department of Treasury, Finance and Collection is a centralized operation responsible for the following:
- Processing of invoices for payment:
- Assisting in the resolution of vendor issues
- Check printing and distribution
- Centrally controlled vendor files
- 1099 processing
- Vendor payment history
Since each department is responsible for requesting payment of invoices for their respective areas, all vendor questions should be directed to the department that ordered said service and/or product. To expedite the research, please have available detailed information such as: the vendor number, date, amount, and purchase order number. If the situation has not been resolved after contacting the department's representative, then contact the Department of Treasury, Finance and Collection.
Accounts Payable Check Cutting Policy
The Finance Department only issues checks on the Wednesday following Council meetings. In order to guarantee the availability of checks, the appropriate departments must have vouchers/purchase orders to Accounts Payable no later than the Thursday preceding the Council meeting.
Processes and administers the Township's payroll for all departments.
The role of the Payroll staff is to process and administer payroll-related services to employees and retirees, including:
- Ensure that employees are compensated at the rate of pay associated with the position.
- Make voluntary payroll deductions as requested by employees.
- Administration of the State's pension for the employees of the Township of Berkeley.
- Related tax reporting.