Great news for the Department of Construction - We now offer an online citizen portal. What does this mean.
Can check the status of permits on properties
Follow inspection results as they are entered by clicking the watch button on property info window
Online Payment of permit (credit cards, check or exact cash only.)
Choose their appointments online. Register through the online Portal below and you will be able to choose from 3 different dates.
Construction Official – Anthony Cirz
Phone – 732-244-0660
All appointments for Inspections must be made between the hours of 8:30 and 4:00pm by through the Permit Clerks.
Inspectors are available between 8:30 am and 9:00 am to answer technical questions.
Also serving Pine Beach.
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP CONSTRUCTION PLAN & INSPECTION PROCESS
Permit Application Forms
Below are the Permit Application forms please submit them in triplicate.
- Construction Permit Application Jacket - page 1 F100-1 [pdf 82kb]
- UCC Building Subcode Technical Section F110 [pdf 61k]
- UCC Electrical Subcode Technical Section F120 [pdf 63kb]
- UCC Plumbing Subcode Technical Section F130 [pdf 63kb]
- UCC Fire Subcode Technical Section F140 [pdf 90kb]
- UCC Application for a Certificate F270 of Occupancy
- Framing Checklist
- ...Insulation Checklist
- UCC Chimney Certification F370
- Mechanical Inspection Technical Section
- NJ State page with more Construction Code Forms
Ocean County Health Department does all septic and well inspections 732-341-9700
Please use 2017 Bulkhead Ordinance For the Permitting process.
Flood Hazard Mitigation Information
- Floodplain Development Permit Application Form
- 2016 V ZONE Flood Elevation Certificate Application Form
- AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF BERKELEY, COUNTY OF OCEAN, STATE OF NEW JERSEY AMENDING THE TOWNSHIP CODE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF BERKELEY, SO AS TO AMEND CHAPTER XXIX, ENTITLED "FLOOD DAMAGE PREVENTION" (Adopting the FEMA Advisory Flood Maps)
Guidance Specific to Raising Structures
The following is the guidelines for the permitting process for raising (elevating) a structure
...Click Here for the Guidelines (Checklist)
05-20-2014 JERSEY CENTRAL POWER & LIGHT RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION OR REBUILDING
To accommodate rebuilding efforts and provide guidance in those areas where customers may have to raise their homes up in compliance with the new FEMA standards, Jersey Central Power & Light ( JCP&L ) wants to make customers aware of potential clearance and access issues that should be discussed in advance of rebuilding.
Issues have arisen with encroachments on the clearances between electric power lines and buildings and in some cases, could result in serious safety concerns, risk of property damage, injury or death. The intent of this letter is to raise awareness of these issues and to proactively review your plans before you commence your construction project or rebuilding efforts.
To make application to JCP&L please call our 800 # ( 1-800-662-3115 ). When your application is received, a Layout Technician will be assigned to your project.
- ....Click Here For the Full Details
DCA - Elevation of Single Family Homes Effective August 31, 2015-- Effective August 15, 2015 when plans are submitted for the elevation of a single family home a letter from the utility company stating that the elevation
will not result in violation of the safety clearances required by the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) will be required prior to approval.
- More Information -Guidelines
- Guidance on Electrical Meter Placement in a Designated Flood Zone
IMPORTANT FEMA LINKS regarding the National Flood Insurance Program and Base Flood Elevations
- www.floodsmart.gov Information regarding the National Flood Insurance Program
- FEMA Website Information regarding the National Flood Insurance Program